Tuesday and Thursday Night Rides Are Back!
The weekday Night rides are back on with a few modifications.
1. Group size is limited to 10 members per week.
2. Registration is required through each week's calendar event and will be closed once it reaches 10 participants.
3. If the 10 person limit is reached, join the waiting list. If there are enough people for a second group, we'll create a new event as a separate group with a second leader.
4. Anyone who arrives at the start who has not registered for that week will not be allowed to ride.
5. Registrations are limited to members only at this time.
6. The registration process will include the standard GDB ride waiver as well as a new Covid-19 waiver. Both need to be signed each week during registration in order to ride.
7. Please DO NOT RIDE if you have tested positive for Covid-19 or if you feel sick!
Welcome to the Greater Dallas Bicyclists
If you are a current member, you can log in using the Member Login link at the upper right to access additional member-only content and features, including the online Forum with the latest ride updates. If you are not a member, we would love to have you join us by going to the Member Signup / Information
GDB Ride Rules Reminder
- No earbuds or headphones (music or phone) and no boom boxes (but bring all the conversation you want!)
- No use of cellphones while riding (please pull off and stop to take or make a call)
- Use common sense if you have aerobars - please don't use them while in tight formations on group rides
- Helmets must be worn on all GDB rides
The complete guidelines can be found in the following link:
GDB Group Ride Guidelines
A Note About Membership
The Greater Dallas Bicyclists (GDB) Board of Directors want to
emphasize the value and importance of a current membership in GDB.
Membership is $20 a year or $36 for two years. When one considers
staying current on the forum to keep up with ride changes and impromptu
gatherings, two annual picnics and a holiday party, our hosting the
annual Super Bowl Sunday ride to the West End for riders of all the area
clubs, and our major event of the year, the annual Lancaster Country
Ride -- the value of a $20 membership is clear.
Why is membership important? As hard as we work at safety and remaining vigilant for hazards, we still need all riders to have signed a waiver before riding in our group rides or attending our events -- for the protection of the club, its members, and its Board. The waiver is part of the membership application, and by signing/joining, you accept that waiver.
Are there folks walking around with clipboards and waiver forms at our rides? YES -- because non-members also participate in our rides, who have not agreed to the waiver through membership. Additionally, the forms ask for emergency contact information, to be used in cases of an accident or illness. So, even if you are a member, please fill in your emergency contact information at any ride you participate in! Do we sort, file and store these forms? No... but without the waivers, we could not function as a club, and having emergency contact information for riders is important.
If you’ve been thinking of joining or if your membership has
lapsed and you’ve been putting off renewal, or you know someone who has,
do us all the favor of renewing today. Just click on the JOIN GDB link
above and join or renew today.