Events - Event View
This is the "Event Detail" view, showing all available information for this event.
If the event has passed, click the "Event Report" button to read a report and view photos that were uploaded.
The Distance Builder is back!
However, there are a few new rules if you'd like to participate.
1. Group size is limited to 10 members per week.
2. Registration is required through each week's calendar event and will be closed once it reaches 10 participants.
3. If the 10 person limit is reached, join the waiting list. If there are enough people for a second group, we'll create a new event as a separate group with a second leader.
4. Anyone who arrives at the start who has not registered for that week will not be allowed to ride.
5. Registrations are limited to members only at this time.
6. The registration process will include the standard GDB ride waiver as well as a new Covid-19 waiver. Both need to be signed each week during registration in order to ride.
7. Please DO NOT RIDE if you have tested positive for Covid-19 or if you feel sick!
Masks are not required to ride but are required to enter the rest stop.
The distance builder ride is intended to help cyclists build moderate distance and endurance. This week's ride will be a tour of Dallas consisting of about 65 miles with about 2,000 feet of climb beginning at 10:00 AM. There are substantial hills on this ride that will challenge you.
The ride is no drop and we will stop as a group for any mechanicals or other issues. The average pace at the end of the ride will be 14-16 MPH, with speeds faster on flats, and slower on hills. Please ensure your bike is in good working condition, bring liquids, and dress for the weather. Parking is at the SW Corner of Preston and Forest.
There will be an optional lunch after the ride at a nearby restaurant for those interested.
See here for the route:
Saturday, January 16, 2021, 10:00 AM
Southwest corner of Preston and Forest.
11705 Preston Rd
Dallas, TX 75230